Welcome to the Domowina
( 1 ) The Domowina is a political independent league of the Sorbian and Wendish people and umbrella organization of Sorbian societies in Lower and Upper Lusatia . It represents the interests of Sorbian people. It is the continual successor of the Domowina-League of the Lusatian Sorbs. Domowina commits to the constitutional order of freedom and democracy.
The Domowina has got the following aims:
- preservation, development, promotion and distribution of Sorbian culture, language and tradition as well as supporting the national self-confidence of the Sorbs and their association to their home.
- uniting and promoting the Sorbs and the Sorbian societies and groups in their work
- representing Sorbian interests in public, parliaments, institutions and authorities of villages, towns, districts, federal states and abroad
- protection and promotion of national minorities in Germany and ensure compliance of legal regulations and international law
- tolerance and understanding between Sorbian and German people and their equality
- keeping friendly relations to Slavonic peoples, national minorities, international associations of them and standing up for common interests
(abstract of the Statutes of the Domowina)