Information about FUEN - Federal union of European nationalities
- with around 90 member organisations in 33 European countries is the largest umbrella organisation of the autochthonous, national minorities / ethnic groups in Europe.
- represents the interests of the European minorities on regional, national and in particular on the European level. FUEN is committed to protect and promote the identity, language, culture, rights and own character of the European minorities.
- is the voice of the minorities at the international organisations, notably at the European Union and the Council of Europe and also at the United Nations and the OSCE.
- is also full member of the European Civil Society Platform for Multilingualism established by the European Commission, and Participant in the Fundamental Rights Platform
- has participatory status at the Council of Europe and consultative status at the United Nations.
- in cooperation with the European Parliament, established the European Dialogue Forum.
Working Groups in FUEN:
Under the umbrella of FUEN three working groups have been established: the Working Group of German Minorities (AGDM), the Working Group of Slavic Minorities and since 2014 the Working Group of Turkic Minorities. More than 20 German minorities, more than 20 Slavic minorities and 9 Turkic minorities are actively involved in FUEN. The three Working Groups meet once a year at a seminar, which is organised each time by a different FUEN-member organisation.